- Full Form: Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride
- Category: Architecture & Constructions
सीपीवीसी(CPVC) का फुल फॉर्म
CPVC is the acronym for Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride which is a synthetic plastic material. As the name suggests, the material is prepared by the chlorination process of PVC which imparts significant properties to it. Plastic is commonly used in the piping industry for the construction of structural mechanisms, valves, vents and equipment which require certain chemical resistance.
Preparation of CPVC
The basic preparation process of both PVC and CPVC is primarily the same. Both use the polymerization process to form long polymers of vinyl chloride molecules. Vinyl chloride, the raw product used, is prepared from natural hydrocarbons and chlorine gas.
Further, the polymer formed is chlorinated through the free radicalization process. The process is carried out under UV rays which splits the chlorine gas into free chlorine radicals which on further treatments react with PVC to form chlorinated PVC.
Difference between PVC v/s CPVC
There are several similarities and dissimilarities between PVC and CPVC. They are given as follows:
- CPVC is much stronger and less prone to degradation since the chlorine atoms are much more in number and cover more bonding sites providing more strength.
- CPVC has increased resistivity towards chemicals and temperatures due to additional coverage of the chlorine layer.
- CPVC has many similarities to PVC since they are both quite resistant to fire.
- CPVC has better mechanical properties as compared to PVC. It is more ductile, more resistant to crush, damage and corrosion.
- Lightweight and tough in nature
Applications of CPVC
CPVC is commonly used in various industrial products due to its superior features. It is used in industrial applications which require strength towards temperature, corrosion and chemicals. Apart from being used as a primary pipe and fitting material, it is employed in other sanitary and plumbing applications like valves, vents, filters, ducts as well as for fabrication material for tanks.
All Full Forms of CPVC:
you will see all full forms of CPVC in Hindi in the following table. Please note that all definitions are listed in popularity-wise.
- Common Pulmonary Venous Channel (Anatomy & Physiology)
- Critical Pigment to Volume Concentration (Engineering)
- CPVC Full Form in Hindi
- CPVC Ka Full Form
- CPVC ka full form kya hai
Not able to find what you are looking for? Maybe you are searching for similar full forms of CPVC. Use the search box and see all the abbreviations and acronyms.
Till now, we have discussed the full form of CPVC in Hindi in Architecture & Constructions and other categories. If you have any queries related to this, reach out to us through the comments below.